1. Sexual dependancy. Like a lot of child stars, this little one athlete was objectified, turning out to be a commodity to his handlers. It follows that he now sees other individuals in the similar light-weight, as objects to fulfill his demands.
2. The evolutionary clarification is that man’s biological need to have is to spread his seed and hence ensure survival of the human race. Culturally this performs out in our environment and accepting the double normal. (Boys will be boys, correct?)
3. Why did Tiger cheat? Fail to remember the word cheat. Just after 20 years of mediating divorces I know infidelity is commonly just an endeavor to satisfy unmet desires. Money, fame, and endorsement contracts can make lifestyle a lot easier but they cannot fill up the emptiness inside.
4. Marriage is tough and each marriage presents difficulties. In Tiger’s scenario there have been sizeable cultural differences and the worry related to superstar. Also, this few faced the common pitfalls that couples come across when the concentrate is moved from “the we” on to the young children, and do the job-connected vacation and the usual stress of lifestyle get in the way.
5. Culturally we deliver no relationship planning. When hormones are running substantial, no 1 wants it. How can young people find out about what it takes to make relationship do the job when all they have it the romantic fantasy the media gives? Culture really should impose marital education and learning that would include things like both an comprehensive pre-marital assessment/profile and abide by-up into the 1st few several years of marriage.
6. There is a Universal Legislation that no one gets a free ride. Higher highs carry minimal lows. You know, the even bigger they are, the more challenging they fall. Now’s his time to feel the suffering of humiliation. And, following all that glory, its gonna be massive. We may have only noticed the tip of the ice berg.
7. He did not consider we might care. After all, he’s not a minister, politician or other proponent of higher morals. When a holy-roller hypocrite is caught cheating its their hypocrisy, additional then their human failings, that do them in. Tiger is just an athlete, not a Conservative pundit or an Evangelical Minister. He is entitled to make faults, immediately after all he in no way advised us how to dwell.
8. Some others got away with it. Kobe, Letterman, Hugh Grant, Woody Allen, Invoice Clinton, Ted Kennedy and other people have been equipped to proceed on immediately after their naughty headlines. Intercourse scandals arrive in degrees. Within just explanation we are delighted to slash most adult men some slack.
9. The Shadow. This is Carl Jung’s term for the repressed and denied facets of self. We challenge out the opposite of what we recognize with with. Whats repressed is expressed. So its normal that Woods’ wholesome persona had an indecent unconscious shadow element.
10. Like all of us, Tiger’s biggest energy is also his finest weak point. And, like the rest of us, whats best about him is also whats worst about him. Tiger’s uncanny ability to block out other thoughts and target on the minute and his sport has created him the world’s most prosperous golfer. But, this exact capacity to concentrate and be in the moment may possibly have authorized him to block out the consequences for his steps and set his relationship out of his peripheral eyesight. Is Tiger a a person-trick pony? (A golf accomplishment and a life failure.) I really don’t know. Stay tuned and we will obtain out.
(Specific many thanks to my mate and colleague Dr. Renae Lapin, LMFT who once once again proves two heads are improved then one particular. Renae’s opinions sparked the magic of brainstorming and permitted me to finish this article.)